Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"The name could not be resolved. The connection to MS Exchange server is unavailable, outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"

I experienced this issue when setting up new email account in Outlook 2007 with MS Exchange 2007. I've been searching from the internet for quite some time to solve this issue. I tried many recommended solutions from IT experts but those solutions didn't work. So isolate the issue and finally solved it.
Here's how I solved it.

Firstly,I tried to new "New Mailbox" for another user for the sake of testing. But when I'm done creating this new mailbox, there is an error message saying:

Summary: 1 items. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Elapsed time: 00:00:01


Administrator
Failed

Error:


An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found.

Management Shell command attempted:


Enable-Mailbox -Identity:'TEST.dk/Users/Administrator' -Alias:'Administrator' -Database:'CN=Mailbox Database,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=TEST-NT-EXC2007,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Demo,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=TEST,DC=dk'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:01

Checking the server's "Services", I found out that Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service is not started maybe due to unexpected shutdown of the server.

Here are the steps I went through:
1. In MS Exchange server, go to START-> RUN, then type services.msc.
2. Look for Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service then start it.
3. After that, I was able to create user account and finally connected to the Exchange server.

This solution worked for me, and I hope it will work for you as well, if not let me know.

Cheers!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dudes, here is Robert from Italy I'm interested in Biking and US music. I work for a video game translation company.

Anonymous said...

crochet baby hat pattern
crochet baby hat patterns
crochet baby hat patterns for beginners
crochet baby hat patterns free
crochet baby hats
crochet baby hats free patterns

Is there some type of software (McAfee, Norton, Symantec, etc.) that you can buy to get rid of the Sheur2 trojan once and for all? As in it won't reinstall itself after you reboot the computer...
_________________
crochet baby hats patterns [url=http://4howtocrochet.info]crochet baby hats with flowers[/url] crochet baby headband

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online | nante aranda's random notes